October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
For every 60-minute treatment between October 17-31,
we will donate 10% to Wisconsin Breast Cancer Coalition.
For more information on this amazing organization, visit wibreastcancer.org.
For every person who books at least a 60-minute treatment, you will be entered into a drawing to with all of these items!
Book your treatment to help those in the
fight against Breast Cancer!
“Short answer: Yes, please.
Long answer: Yes, please.”
With the change of season and the little ones back in school, it’s bound to happen. Check out this great article I found that wonderfully explains why it is good to cancel. I even agree with the last line!
Should I cancel if I’m sick?
I will be on vacation this week hiking. I will do my best to keep up with scheduling requests and any questions, but please bare with me as I will be in and out of cell service range. Email will probably work best since I will be able to connect to wi-fi when I am able, but I may not be able to respond quickly. The availability on the online scheduler is up-to-date, as usual. I will be back to work on Monday, October 10th.
If you are a business looking for availability in the future, please email me. I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I am able.
Thank you for being so understanding.
Jamie Carlson, BCMT, LMT
Massage has many benefits and is useful for the following conditions, and many more. Massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
To schedule online, please click “schedule now” to the right.
“The belief that deep pressure equals pain is a myth,” says Christina DeBusk of Massage Magazine. Deep tissue techniques can feel quite intense. However giving a painful massage in many cases is not the answer. Many massage therapists would agree that staying with a firm pressure which offers slight discomfort rather than causing pain is actually less stressful on the client allowing the mind to relax and then the muscle.
Check out this very short article called “4 Benefits of a Deep Tissue Massage.” I think you’ll be surprised at what you learn.
Next Post: Jamie is attending the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professional Head and Neck Summit where she will discover solutions to some of the most common pain problems. Check back next week!
Our acupuncturist, Nicholas, graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Masters Degree in Oriental Medicine from Midwest College of Oriental Medicine in Mount Pleasant! MCOM is the 2nd oldest school to certify Oriental Medicine practitioners in the nation. While simultaneously earning his Masters, he earned a Bachelors Degree in Oriental Nutrition. Nicholas pairs his nutrition education with experience; 4 years of vegetarianism, and 8 years following a vegan lifestyle. Give us a call to schedule your acupuncture appointment today. 262-372-6782
If you have ever wanted to try acupuncture, NOW’s the time! New clients will receive 50% off their first session and 25% off their 2nd! That’s a savings of $60! Schedule your appointment today.
Check out our June specials on massages and acupuncture! Call today or visit our website to schedule your appointment!
You are invited to join us on Tuesday, June 14th from 5-7 pm for an Introduction to Acupuncture. We will have a Q & A session with our Acupuncturist Nicholas, complimentary chair massages, snacks and giveaways! See you then!